Artist Incubator Overview
INTRODUCING THE SMALL TIME ARTIST INCUBATOR PROGRAMME MARCH 2O22 INTAKE
A songwriting and industry focused programme dedicated to nurturing emerging artists as they navigate their musical careers.
Setting new sights on the horizon for musical artists, Brunswick’s Small Time studio and artists hub has officially launched its inaugural Artist Incubator Programme.
The programme is open to solo artists, bands or groups who are committed to forming a career and are yet to have pre-investment from a label, publisher or distributor. Artists may or may not have management in place. Applications close February 1, 2022 with the initial programme commencing in March 2022.
The Small Time Artist Incubator is an 8-week programme for independent emerging artists across multiple genres and disciplines.
The not-for-profit initiative is focused on developing the Artist’s songwriting, career planning and commercial knowledge of the industry.
- 3 intakes per year
- Each programme is 8 weeks in duration
- 8 artists/bands/groups per intake
- 24 artists a year in total
The programme is songwriting centric, with mentorship and industry education interjected throughout. Each artist will have one full day equivalent per week throughout the duration of the programme focused on their development, as well as a weekly intimate group session with an industry specialist.
The syllabus will primarily be focussed on:
- Songwriting & collaboration
- Confidence in business of music industry
- Exposing artists indirectly to people within the industry
- Being independent & sustainable as an Artist
Who is it for?
- Solo artists, bands or groups and all music genres.
- Artists who are committed to music as their career path.
- Independent Artists – pre investment from a label, publisher or distributor. The artist may or may not have management in place.
- Artists over 18.
All Incubator participants will be invited to nominate a key area they would like to work on during the programme. Participants will see benefits in and across:
- Improved songwriting, co-writing, & collaboration skills
- New songs development
- Improved clarity on their path forward with their career
- A much deeper understanding of the key commercial functions in the music industry
- Exposure to key contacts in the industry
- Wider connection to the ever-growing Small Time community
MARCH 2022 INTAKE PROGRAMME
PROGRAMME DATES: March 1 – May 1
Submissions Close TUESDAY 1 FEBRUARY 2022
- All submissions will be evaluated by Incubator curators, mentors & advisory board
- Successful applicants will be advised by COB Tuesday 15 February 2022